Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Name and Header

I asked the gals over at CKMB to help me re-name my blog! Offered a small prize for the person who came up with the name I ultimately used! I'm terrible at coming up with names! They all had such great suggestions..! A special thanks to Jingle for the name I ended up using: "Scraps of Time." I liked this for several reasons: its simplicity but also because my other hobby when not scrapping is sewing and mostly quilting. So I felt it fit in many ways :) Jingle will get your RAK out early this week - THANK you sooooo much! :)

The Header NEEDS major work, but hey, I'd rather be spending my time scrapping so I havent fixed.. just wanted to get the new name up and running.

I've been working on announcement LO's for my friend and have done 4. I'm fairly pleased but soo wish I had more skills in PSE! There are other things I had high hopes of trying and still may.. Gotta get over to one of the message boards and see if I can get some help. The designs were somewhat of a challenge cause my friends' camera was set to a very low resolution for many of her first pics of her son. Of course want to make sure this prints well, so have been playing with different design options that will do just that!

Since I can't post pics of the LO's just yet....thought I'd post some quilt pics.... I did an "I Spy" for Andrew (my first time attempting to strip in flannel which was a def challenge) and did a set of quilts for a brother/sister recently. The little boy has had some health challenges (which fortunately seem to be under control now).. and this was a quilt where many folks contributed fabric - kind of like a "Good Wishes quilt".....Hopefully more LO's soon! :)







No comments: