Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Lost My Best Friend Last Weekend


and a LO in his honor.. My best friend was a special boy named Sam, Sammy, Samson. He was a 9 year old Maine Coon Cat. I still can't believe he's gone. I have two other sweeties and they're awesome. But for whatever reason, Sam and I had this connection. He read me.. He knew when I was down (and I can't always say that about me for him :(....) He was just incredible. I have been so thinking back and my recollection is that this guy picked me - I didnt pick him, when he was just a kitten. He chose me out of a huge litter of kittens and therefore I chose him! :) We've always been super close, but he's always had little weird stuff going on.

We've spent the past many months struggling. Now that he's gone I realize the amt. of time I was attempting to feed him (at one point with a syringe).. how sick he truly was :(

Anyway, this is a LO I did.. I didnt start out thinking in this direction but in the end, when thinking about what the other side of the "rainbow bridge " might look like, I liked this.. Hoaky as it may seem... I do plan to do several separate LO's with poems etc for his scrapbook! Oh, how I miss him... If you're an animal lover, don't take this time for granted. It's so precious and I never in a million years thought I'd lose my huge love this early (he was just barely 9)..

No comments: