Saturday, April 24, 2010

Feeling Creative Lately!!

I havent posted/updated here in forever, so thought I'd load a few pics if nothing else, for my own tracking. I've gone back to work and surprisingly enough, have wanted to spend the evenings/weekends doing crafty projects. We wont discuss how neglected the house is tho!!

A gal I work with was talking about sewing and I remembered an almost complete quilt I had done years ago for my daughter. It was just taking up space when it should be sitting nice and fresh on her bed. So I pulled the sewing machine out of it's typical cramped space and moved it to the dining room table where it's lived since. Amazing how much easier it is to play when equipment is easily accessible. So in addition to her quilt, I finished an oilcloth bag I also started years ago and did a quilt in colors I've not used in past (more reds/modern looking vs. the more subtle shabby chic stuff().. I've fallen in love with Moda's line of pre-cut fabrics: charm packs, jelly rolls and turnovers. I have purchased a bunch of these and have several quilts in mind including a baby quilt for a friend. But next up, I will start working on a nautical theme (sailboat quilt) for my oldest and maybe a table runner or two (or wallhanging).. I love the fast/quick (satisfaction now) type projects!! So here are a few pics of recent projects!





No comments: