Monday, January 19, 2009

a Thank You Card, Guy Colors :)

Sooo for me, doing a card with more muted/toned down colors is sometimes of a challenge. I wanted to do a special card for a special friend who spoiled our kids rotten for the Holidays. I'm still on a huge learning curve with these Copic markers but having a lot of fun. I just keep playing! Of course I am addicted and wanting more. This is the thing about the paper crafting world. You ALWAYS want more... the latest and greatest. I swear it has to be right up there with video games in terms of being recession proof. I struggled with my Cricut for a bit today attempting to do something to soften up the hard lines (too many straight/rectangular things going on for me), and got really frustrated. I've had my Cricut (original ) for several years and mostly have appreciated for kids' projects. I'm truly thinking of selling it. My new love: nestabilities with my Big Shot (another piece of equipment I've had for years but with a "universal platform" which was inexpensive, it's taken on a new life... being able to run other company's dies thru). I'll prob ultimately keep my Cricut, cause I'd probably get all of $20 for it or something like that, and I do enjoy using once in awhile to cut numerous shapes for the kids (thinking forward to V. Day).

ANYWAY, the thank you card. Used one of my fav' papers from awhile ago: We R Memory's Boho Chic.. rest is Bazzill. Got the buttons thru a scrap club I was in a few years back. Image is Stampendous Changito Monkey - so cute! OHHH.. and discovered Gina K's pure Luxury paper and it's truly Pure Luxury.... the stamped image is on 120 wt paper which isnt necessary for stamping but what I've been using as I play of late. That with Brilliance or Memento Ink, seems to prevent bleeding.

There are many things I wished I could have done differently here, but given we're nearly a month out from the Holidays, just wanted to finish up and get to him!






No comments: